Saturday, December 8, 2007

The A-List

Well, I picked this up randomly over Thanksgiving, because I never bring enough to read. I think it is a subconscious thing so that I always have an excuse to go the book store. My cousin told me this was great and of the books I've read in this genre I definitely felt it was the best told story. I related to it, there were real issues. In short... it was great.

Summary: Anna is a prim and proper, prep school girl from New York City. But tired of her good-girl life, she makes a move to California. It takes her two days to get involved with the movie star scene and all their drama. Can this new Anna handle it?

Other: This is probably one of the best-written books I've read so far with this target audience.

Favorite moments:
1. Anna meets Ben on the plane from New York when he helps her avoid the creepy man sitting next to her. At the wedding later he shows up (as fate would have it) and ends up embarrassing them.
2. When you find out that every character ever has their eyes on Ben.
3. Anna gets food poisoning and throws up on everyone. They deserved it and it felt good.
4. Anna finds her Dad smoking weed.
--I'm going to stop there, because I realized I could go on forever, and I don't want to give away too much of the good stuff!

No comments: