Sunday, December 16, 2007

Binky Brothers and the Fearless Four

This is the first time I'm posting about a non-young-adult fiction book. I'm going to be branching out more. I'm sorry that I haven't posted in a week, exams were brutal (but went surprisingly well). Expect lots of updates this week in books of all genres (maybe).
Binky Brothers and the Fearless Four is totally vintage, but I don't think I would call it classic. I used to read this when I was younger. I'll probably read it to my nephew, but it doesn't snow where we live, so he probably won't understand it.

Summary: There are two brothers, Pinky and Dinky Binky (I know!). Pinky, the older one wants to build a snow fort and won't let Dinky or the new kid join his secret club. Pinky doesn't like the new kid and the snow fort somehow gets ruined. Pinky is sure that it is the new kid, but Dinky says he was playing with the new kid the whole time.

Other: On second thought, I won't read this to my nephew. This is the most ridiculous book I've ever read. Pinky and Dinky? Are you kidding me? (Pinky because he has red hair and Dinky because it fit better than his real name.) Also, it's not really a mystery, just a boy who is jumping to a lot of conclusions. The pictures were okay, it too a while to get used to them, but I think I kind of liked them.

****SPOILERS****** (not that it matters, because you don't want to read this book)

Favorite Parts:
1. Dinky charges Pinky and his friend ten cents each for him to solve the mystery for them, and it turns out he was part of it to begin with, so he wasn't so much as solving the mystery as just confessing. Way to go Dinky.
2. A case of mistaken identity: Bobby, the new kid, isn't really Bobby the new kid, because.... she's a girl, named Roberta. The other Bobby (Robert) is her twin brother.

No comments: