Sunday, December 16, 2007

Do Princesses Really Kiss Frongs?

I found this book in a pile of children's book when I was hanging out in my friend's room. (You could assume I'm the snooping sort, or I could tell you that they were sitting out, just calling to me.) It looked cute so I opened it and it almost made me wish I had a niece to read it to. Almost.

Summary: A young girl and her father go on a hike and through couplets she asks him various things about Princesses. The gist of it is that whatever she's doing is the answer, because she's his little princess and he loves her.

Other: It's very cute, and told in couplets. I had a lot of fun reading it. The pictures are great. There are lots of little details in the pictures that made me laugh. At the end of the book was a search and find sort of game. It showed a page of objects and you had to go back and find them throughout the book. If I, at age 21, had fun with it, than young girls certainly will as well.

Favorite parts:
1. The dog chases the bee.
2. The dad is overwhelmed by the amount of stuff his daughter wants to take on the hike.
3. The shadow scares the girl.
4. They meet a boy hiking with his mom... cute!

1 comment:

Carmela LaVigna Coyle said...

Hey... thanks for finding one of my books in the pile.

It's the follow-up book to "Do Princesses Wear Hiking Boots?" (the original question asked by my own four-year-old-- who is now 14!!)

Here's to all the books in and out of the pile...

:O)