Friday, December 28, 2007

Trials of Death

At the end of this book I was dying for the next one, but when I got to the bookstore they were all out of book six! And I've only just bought it yesterday. I can't wait to continue this series.

Summary: In order for himself and Mr. Crepsley not to be shamed (because Darren was blooded so young), Darren must endure the trials of initiation. Vicious tests that full vampires use to test themselves. Darren must complete five ridiculous tests, drawn at random. He must pass the tests, because the penalty for failure is...death. But what is to happen, when his Little Person friend jumps in to save him in the middle of his test? And what about all these rumours of vamaneeze travelling to Vampire Mountain?

Other: Even in death may you be victorious.

Favorite Parts:
1. Darren almost gives up, but then survives the water maze! That one had me a little claustrophobic. I don't do drowning.
2. Darren's training for the second task--crossing a cavern full of sharp stalactites and stalagmites--funny and exciting.
3. Darren's allies cook up a plan to allow him time to recover from the third test before his fourth test... brilliant!!
4. The very end!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But I won't tell you what happens.

No comments: