Sunday, December 16, 2007

The Myster at Lilac Inn

This book is one of my top three Nancy Drew mysteries, the other two being The Clue of the Tapping Heels and The Haunted Bridge. I probably read this book more than any other book I've ever owned in my life. I also blame it for the fact that I love to buy lilac scented products.

Summary: Nancy goes to visit her friend at the Inn she and her fiance just bought. But Nancy soon realizes that all is not okay and bad things keep happening at the Inn, which include her friends family diamonds being stolen, someone impersonating Nancy, and a bomb in Nancy's cabin! Can Nancy solve the mystery and help save the Inn?

Other: I forget how much actually happens in the Nancy Drew books. There's always a lot going on, so I'm never bored. However, Nancy is way too perfect. In the last book she was a great golfer, in this one she's great at scuba diving, in The Clue of the Tapping Heels, she knows Morse code, is a great tap dancer and an actress. When does it end? I hate girls like Nancy in real life. Also, the picture is for the audio edition, but I read it, so I have no idea if the audio edition is good or not.

Favorite Parts:
1. Nancy goes to a department store to report that her charge card has been stolen and they think she is trying to get out of paying her bill.
2. After recovering the diamonds, they bring them to be appraised only to learn that they are glass!

No comments: