Wednesday, January 2, 2008

The Vampire Prince

I finally got a hold of this book! And I was happy I did! I read this and the next three cirque du freak books in about two days. They were good. Really good. I just checked number ten out of the library (have to save my money for textbooks). They really flow like one long book, although, each does have an individual plot as well, they don't really stand alone like the first few could. But that's been going on since book four.

Summary: Darren has miraculously survived the river which has taken him out of Vampire Mountain. After being nursed back to health by a pack of wolves (including Streak and Rudi, aww!), Darren must use all his wits to get back to Vampire Mountain and tell the princes of the vampaneeze hiding in caves below before they kill him for being a traitor. Then he must help the vampire's beat the vampaneeze!

Other: The books have pretty good moral dilemmas. There hasn't been a really strong one since book two, the strongest one being book one. Book six brings back the moral gray area so true to life that I love about this series.

Favorite parts:
1. The wolves refuse to let Darren collapse and nip at his naked butt to keep him moving to shelter and warmth.
2. When Mr. Crepsley cries (which NEVER happens), it broke my heart.
3. The very end when the vampire princes solve the problem of Darren failing the trials by..... you thought I was going to tell you the end?

No comments: