Saturday, January 5, 2008

Megan Meade's Guide to the McGowan Boys

You have no idea how upset I am that this is a novel and not a series. I absolutely loved it. It wasn't brilliant, it wasn't really surprising. However, it did have a smile on my face the whole way through, giggling and laughing and talking to myself. It drew me in right away and for that it is definitely a must read.

Summary: Megan Meade has moved around a lot. As a result, she's not very good with boys. And by not very good, I mean, she's never had a proper conversation with one. But then her parents tell her that their moving to Korea, and when she refuses, she finds herself living with family friends who have seven sons and no daughters. Can this possibly have a happy ending?

Other: I thought this book looked lame, but the library didn't have the other Private novel and I like the way Kate Brian writes, so I picked it up. You have no idea how glad I am.

Favorite parts:
1. Mrs. McGowan catches Megan gawking at Evan when she first gets to the house.
2. Doug climbs into a tree in order to watch Megan change through the window.
3. Megan helps Miller (who has a form of autism) break out of his shell. So cute.
4. Megan finds Finn's painting. Amazing scene!
5. There are so many more!! This book has just the right portions of drama, angst, sweet, and "oh, no she didn't".

No comments: