Thursday, November 29, 2007

Pretty Little Liars

I picked this book up at Wal-mart because the cover looked interesting. It was interesting enough to read the back anyway, and the back was good enough for me to read it. Even from the back I could tell what kind of book it would be: Deliciously trashy and wonderfully scandalous. I wasn't disappointed. I read all day, including during classes. My professors love me, really.

Summary: Five friends share several dark secrets. One friend knows ALL of the secrets, but she mysteriously disappears one night. Three years later she comes back to haunt them.

Other: There are so many plot lines. Some are dark, some are mysterious and some are just scandalous. There are seriously so many "Oh, snap" moments in the book that I couldn't possibly count them. There are plot lines for each of the main character, and plot lines for all of them together. There is a plot in this book, while clues and allusions to plots in the later books. Seriously, this book set up so much without failing to provide an adequate story that provided some closure for this novel.

Favorite Parts:
1. Aria hooks up with a guy at a bar and the next day walks in to her first day in AP English to find that he is her English teacher!

2. Hanna's mom "takes care of" her trouble with law. What a good mom.

3. Emily's boyfriend, Ben, discovers her making out with the new girl!

4. Spencer hooks up with her sister's boyfriend! It's hot!


Buy it!

No comments: