Sunday, September 7, 2008

City of Ashes

The saga continues! Clary is unable to wake her mother and is dealing with the attraction she feels to her new-found brother. Jace is being investigated by the Clave and feels like he is losing everything. As if that weren't enough, Valentine, who now has the Mortal Cup, steals the second mortal instrument, the truth sword. Clary and her new friends must do everything they can to stop him when the Clave refuses to listen to their warnings.

Yeah, this whole series is sexy. The dialogue is mostly great. The story is excellent. There is action and romance and generally, just a good time. As for the Jace/Clary thing, I think it's quite sexy that they want each other even though it is forbidden (for now), because I think they will end up being not related. This installment was filled with clues that they might not be related and I really hope that it turns out to be the case.

As for what's coming next, there are a few things to be excited about. The third, and final installment of this trilogy, City of Glass, comes out in March. I'm not sure how long I'm ready to wait for it, but I guess I have no choice. City of Glass should finish the Valentine saga and clear things up about Jace and Clary. She is not planning any other books, so I hope she doesn't kill Jace. Seriously, that would break my heart worse than when Dumbledore died. Maybe. Even though City of Glass, will end this story, Clare will continue writing about shadowhunters (the nephillum who hunt demons). But she's going to set in a few hundred years ago. It should be interesting.

No comments: