Sunday, February 10, 2008

The Sisters Grimm: The Unusual Suspects

I loved the first one, but this one is even better (and I'm itching to read the third one). This book is creative and entertaining and just wonderful.

Summary: Sabrina and Daphne have enrolled at school, but their first day they find Sabrina's teacher.... dead in his classroom after school. The Grimms are on another case, and this time there are lots of deadly magical beasts. And as before, it's all wrapped up with the Red Hand, the infamous group responsible for the disappearance of the sister's parents. Will they be able to solve this mystery?

Other: I love that each story is individual and self-contained, but there is also a long story arc that carries on from book to book. However, this isn't too overwhelming. It reminds me of how television series are set up, and I think it really works in this series.

Favorite Parts:
1. Puck enrolls at school to be Sabrina's body guard.
2. The pipers son sets all the rabbits in the forest after them.
3. Granny Grimm drives a car!!!!!!!
4. Prince Charming helps Sabrina out.
5. The end which is amazing!!!!!! And sets up the next story. It completely took my by surprise. Also, I love Sabrina and Puck, their interaction is the most amusing of almost any characters I've ever read about.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, how far are you on these books now? I bought the sixth one but I haven't read it yet.

Have you read any of the Septimus Heap books? Not as good as HP but better than Charlie Bones.